My Toilet Just Flooded My Home — Help!
Your toilet just launched a dirty protest, and there’s mucky water all over your beautiful carpets and flooring. Now that you’ve panicked — and probably cried — it’s time to take action.
Once you’ve stopped your toilet from backflowing horrible dirty water, the cleanup operation can begin. And that’s where Squeaky Clean Team comes in. Our team are experts at cleaning up black water-damaged carpet in your home while you relax with a stiff drink.
Why Trust Us To Get You Clean & Dry You Out
Our team of flood damage restoration experts has a proven track record of excellent customer service. We’ve dried out Cricket Australia’s offices, as well as those for the Multiple Sclerosis & St Vinnies. We’re also the preferred restoration company for Gary Peer & other local Real Estate Companies.
But don’t just take our word for it — check out our many positive reviews. As you see, we’re very adept at remaining calm and effective in the most stressful situations. And we’ve seen everything, so there’s no need to be embarrassed about your dirty little secret! Check Our Reviews.
But you need to address water damage quickly, this is even more crucial for contaminated black water from a toilet, or the damage can become costly to fix. Call us on 1300 682 563 and let our water damage restoration experts work their magic!
Before You Call Us…
Our team deals with the aftermath of home floods caused by exploding toilets! We can’t work our magic until you’ve dealt with the root cause of the flood. So, before you call our team of water damage restoration experts, here’s a quick to-do checklist:
- Stop flushing and turn off the water at the mains. It’s amazing what people will (or won’t) do when they’re gripped by panic.
- Turn off your electricity and/or gas supplies. Water, electricity, and gas are a dangerous combination!
- Remove anything that is sitting on the flooded flooring. This includes furniture, rugs, and anything that might get damaged or stained by the floodwater.
- Call us. If you don’t attend to water-damaged flooring, and walls quickly, you might need to replace or renovate them — and that’s when things get really expensive!
- Call a plumber. We can’t start drying you out until the water stops flowing! We’ll liaise with you to ensure our team arrives at your home when the plumbing work is complete.
How We Deal with Toilet Floods
Whether your toilet backflow is caused by a broken pipe, a blockage in the system, or something too large being caught in the S bend (yes it happens!), the water that has come from your toilet is contaminated and needs professional removal to avoid any possible health hazards.
Once you’ve called us about your exploding toilet, make yourself a cup of something hot and take a moment. Don’t fret about carpet flood damage or soaking walls. Our carpet flood and water damage restoration experts have got your back.
Our team uses a tried-and-tested process to clean up and dry a home after this type of flood.
As soon as our carpet flood damage experts arrive at your home, they’ll begin an urgent assessment of the damage. If your bathroom is upstairs, the water may have gone through your bathroom floor and caused damage to the room below. Water may also have escaped through doorways and into walls.
While this might sound a little technical, it basically means sucking the excess water out of your affected room. We use the latest truck mount & portable extraction systems to suck water from damaged carpets. Because the water is from the toilet it is ‘dirty’ and needs special handling. Once the excess water has been extracted from the carpet, we turn to getting the underlay, subfloor & anything else that’s got wet, dry. We do this with the combined use of air movers & dehumidifiers.
Circulating air around a flooded room quickly is essential — it’s the key to completing the drying process. However, extra care must be taken with toilet backflows that germs from any nasty matter in the water, are not spread. Because a toilet backflow is contaminated black water there is a health risk in the cleanup. It is important that the affected area is contained so bacteria doesn’t spread. We can seal off areas & install air scrubbers which are machines to clean the circulating air. We then use strategically placed industrial-strength air blowers to encourage the movement of air around the affected area. As the air moves around the room it picks up moisture from the wet surfaces. The moisture in the air is then sucked out using large dehumidifiers.
The dehumidifiers suck all the excess moisture from the walls, floors & ceilings as well as wall cavities etc. Removing the water from these areas will prevent mould growth and long-term structural issues. To prevent bad odours and mould from developing over time it is crucial that all the moisture that’s hidden in the affected room be removed.
Our team of water damage experts will be happy once all the moisture has been removed, & the room is fully decontaminated. We recommend cleaning the carpets throughout the property to ensure there is no risk from cross-contamination to anyone’s health. They do this with specialised steam cleaning equipment and dedicated cleaning agents.
Our Flood Damage Experts Aren’t Just for Carpet
While our team of flood damage restoration experts spends a lot of time saving carpets flooded by toilets, we will also restore all other water-damaged fixtures and fittings:
- Carpet — the faster we act, the greater the chance of saving your carpets from an early grave!
- Wood flooring — water absorption can cause warping, splits, and irreparable damage.
- Concrete — concrete holds water & the water absorption can cause cracks and undermine the strength and stability of concrete.
- Laminate flooring — quick action is crucial. When water permeates the joins between laminate lengths (floating floorboards), the damage is often permanent.
- Skirting boards and door jambs — time plus water equals absorption and permanent damage.
- Walls and wall cavities — if water is left on the floor it will wick up the walls causing damage here. If water gets into the cavity behind the walls it is trapped & mould will grow so it’s important to make sure this doesn’t happen.
- Ceilings — water travels downwards (blame Sir Isaac Newton!). This can cause catastrophic damage to floors below. And that can lead to serious costs if you live in an apartment complex.
Turnkey Water Damage Restoration Services for Your Peace of Mind
We know that dealing with a flooding toilet can be a stressful experience. What’s in the toilet water makes it even more horrible to deal with! You may simply want to wash your hands of the entire problem and leave it to someone else. If so, you need our team of water damage experts.
Our team will start by implementing our five-step water damage restoration process. Once complete, we can even supply and install any replacement carpet and flooring if required. And we’ll even send experienced handymen to fix water-damaged paint, walls, ceilings, doors, skirting, and any other affected fixtures. Our flood damage experts will even prepare the documentation required for insurance claims.
Call Us Now to Save Your Home from Flood Damage
The faster you call us, the greater the chance of preventing permanent water damage. If your toilet has flooded your home in Melbourne, call us on 1300 682 563. Our water damage restoration heroes will come to your aid without delay.