Is Flood Restoration Covered Under Insurance?

One of the most common questions we receive regarding Flood Restoration Insurance is “Am I covered under insurance?” In our experience, many people are covered under some form of insurance, even in cases where they think they might not be.

We understand that you may be nervous about the situation, worrying you might not be covered because you’re at fault. But in most cases, you’ll find that any form of flooding is covered, even when caused by something like an overflowing sink or washing machine.

At The Squeaky Clean Team, we’ve dealt with many insurance claims and can provide valuable assistance when submitting your claim. We can also take the stress away by communicating on your behalf and acting as a middleman between tenants, real estate agents and insurance companies. Plus in addition to providing guidance throughout the insurance claim process, we’ll also pay your excess of up to $300 to ensure you’re not out of pocket.

Call 1300 682 563 now for help with your claim

Will My Insurance Cover Me?

Flood damage can be claimed under the following types of insurance:

  • Contents insurance – This should cover you for damage to carpets or floating floorboards. If you have contents insurance, call us now and we can take care of everything.
  • Building insurance – While building insurance doesn’t cover the cost of drying carpet, it does cover the cost of drying the structure of the building. We have ways to help you submit your claim to fully restore your property.
  • Body corporate insurance – It’s possible to claim certain flooding in a building on body corporate insurance. If you don’t personally hold insurance and live in a multi-unit development, this may be an option available to you.
  • Landlord insurance – If you’re a tenant experiencing a flooding issue, your landlord will likely have landlord insurance that will cover it. We can coach you on how to use this insurance. If you’re a landlord and your tenant has flooded the property, don’t worry – in most cases, your insurance will cover this.

How We Can Help

At The Squeaky Clean Team, we understand that dealing with insurance companies is the last thing you want to think about when you’ve experienced flooding. Fortunately, our team is here to help guide you through the process and minimise stress. We will coach you on what to say to insurance companies, as well as providing a scope of work and detailed cost report. Once the job has been completed, we’ll also provide a report for your insurance company that includes photographs.

As a special offer, we’ll also pay your insurance excess up to $300 – meaning if you’re insured, you won’t be left out of pocket. You also won’t need to worry about paying upfront; the insurance company will pay you and then you pay us.

If you’re concerned you won’t be insured, don’t be – let us help you. We’ve assisted with thousands of successful claims (in the past 60 days alone, we’ve already gotten through 30 claims!) and we may be able to suggest other types of insurance available to you that you’re not aware of.

For Help with Your Insurance Claim, Call Us Now

Wondering if you’re covered under insurance, or worried about submitting a claim? Don’t be! The experts at The Squeaky Clean Team are here to help you determine if you’re covered under insurance and assist you in successfully submitting your claim. Call us now on 1300 682 563 for advice you can count on.