Our team deals with the aftermath of home floods caused by faulty washing machines! Our team can’t work their magic until you’ve dealt with the root cause of the flood. So, before you call our team of water damage restoration experts, here’s a quick to-do checklist (if you haven’t already):
- Switch off your washing machine if it’s safe to do so.
- Turn off the water at the mains. It’s amazing what people will (or won’t) do when they’re gripped by panic.
- Turn off your electricity and/or gas supplies. Water, electricity and gas are a dangerous combination!
- Remove anything that is sitting on the flooded flooring. This includes furniture, rugs and anything that might get damaged or stained by the floodwater.
- Call us. If you don’t attend to water-damaged flooring, quickly, secondary damage occur and that’s when things get really expensive! Why Do Washing Machines Flood Homes?
Believe it or not, washing machines are the single biggest cause of home floods in Australia. We switch on this water-filled machine and get on with the rest of our day. But because most of us don’t sit there watching the full washing cycle, we only realise there’s a flood when our carpets and flooring are drenched.
But why is this so common? Well, it’s because the humble washing machine is a giant vibrating hulk of machinery filled with water. Sooner or later, it’s going to blow or more commonly the waste pipe pops out of the sink! (yes this is the most common cause of washing machine floods) The damage this can cause can be significant unless you call the experts at from Squeaky Clean Team as soon as possible to start the mopping up & getting fully dry.
Most washing machine floods go unnoticed until you’re standing in two inches of water in your living room! But deal with water and flood-damaged carpet quickly, and you can prevent costly long-term issues in your property.